Archive for April, 2012
Remember running and screaming from your playground mates as they tried to touch you?
Okay, that came out sort of wrong. What I was trying to do was inspire memories of the beloved childhood game: tag. This post is sort of like tag for bloggers. There have been a few Meme’s making the rounds in the blogosphere lately and although I was tagged by a couple of savy writers for the Lucky 7 one, I don’t have a page 77 yet in my current WIP so couldn’t participate. But, when the lovely Lynnette Burrows tagged me with the 11 question game, I realized all the running and screaming was over and I am now the one to be feared on the playground….bahahaha!
The rules for 11 Questions:
1. You must post the rules. 2. Answer the questions on your blog. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged. 3. Tag eleven people and link to them. 4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Whew! I think this is burning as many calories as chasing people. *glancing at snack* I could be wrong.
Her questions, my answers:
1. What book or series can you read over and over again without getting bored?
Really, anything written by Margaret Atwood. I read her books over and over just for the pure pleasure of studying her way with words. Of course, lately the books I’ve read over and over again are my boys’ current favorites: “Stellaluna” and “Are You My Mother”. Children’s books never get old!
2. What TV show character do you hate and why?
This one stumped me. I like all the characters in the shows I watch: Fringe, The Mentalist, Being Human, Psyche. Even the villians are likeable. Guess that says good things about the writers!
3. If you were a super hero, what is your super hero name and your special power?
I’d be the pet whisperer and I’d be able to talk to animals.
4. What is your favorite ear worm (song that gets stuck in your head)?
“Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner…that is what I’d truly like to be…” (You’re welcome)
5. If you could be any character of the opposite sex in any story, who would you be and why?
Aidan from Being Human. Why? Because I’d be a hot, sexy vampire for eternity. Plus, bonus–I could see myself sans shirt whenever I wanted!
6. What was the worst job you’ve ever had and why?
Working in a department store. The epitome of boredom.
7. What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
The Lone Ranger. Which, I was excited to learn is being made into a movie starring Johnny Depp. My second favorite was Scooby Doo. Which kinda explains why I write mysteries and have a dog that looks like this:
8. What mode of transportation (horse, automobile, bus, train, boat, airplane, space plane, etc.) would you never want to use and why?
Any mention of transportation gets me excited (especially now that I’m working on my fear of flying) because I immediately start thinking about all the cool places I would travel to. Though, I don’t think I’d enjoy being in a submarine. Encased in metal, tight spaces, emersed in water. *shudder* Is it getting hot in here?
9. What job/occupation would you never want to try?
Working in any kind of chocolate factory. It would mean sure death from a sugar coma. Or anything to do with public speaking. Or spiders.
10. If you could tweet a warning or encouragement to one person in history, what would you tweet to whom and why?
my tweet: @aynrand For the luv of all that’s holy, don’t let them grant movie rights to your novels. Love, a concerned fan.
11. Tell us about one thing on your bucket list.
Okay. I want to spend the night in a really haunted house or hotel (or European castle…what? A girl can dream) with the Ghost Hunters team…including their ghost busting dog, Maddie.
AND…as I am late to play, I have seen most of you answer your own 11 questions already so to I’m going to be a rebel and just ask questions here for whoever stops by to answer in the comments. Answer either or both & thanks for playing!
What is your favorite childhood memory?
Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?